On Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday a refresher course will be organised in the morning before the start of the conference.
The topics will be:
- RC1: Uncertainty assessment from a practical point of view - Janwillem van Dijk (Netherlands)
- RC2: Uncertainties in internal dose assessment - Tomas Vrba (CVUT, Czech Republic)
- RC3: Computational methods in external dosimetry - Jose Maria Gomez-Ros (CIEMAT, Spain)
Occupational Radiation Dosimetry course
Due to the big success of this course, registration is closed. No more extra registrations will be accepted.
The organising committee of the IM2015 conference is pleased to announce an international course on occupational radiation dosimetry entitled “Individual monitoring: a tool in medical surveillance of workers”. The course will be held at the international conference on individual monitoring during a special one-day session on Thursday, April 23 from 9:00 to 17:00.
The training course is aimed specifically for occupational physicians and/or managers of occupational health services who wish both to refresh and to broaden their knowledge in individual monitoring of ionising radiation. The course will cover all aspects of individual monitoring going from physics over external and internal dosimetry to the practical aspects of individual monitoring at workplaces. The lectures will be given by international experts in the field of dosimetry.
- Oliver Hupe (PTB, Germany): Overview and recent evolutions in external dosimetry methods.
- Augusto Giussani (BfS, Germany): Dosimetry for internal emitters.
- Isabelle Clairand (IRSN, France): Radiological accidents: physical dose reconstruction in case of external exposure.
- Xavier Michel (SPRA, France): Medical response in case of a radiation accident.
Registration for this one-day course costs 200 € and includes course material, coffee breaks and lunch. A reduced fee of 100 € is granted for participants who register for the full IM2015 conference. Registration can be done via the Registration page.
Download the announcement of this course.
Download the course schedule.